Thursday, August 1, 2013

Session 2 Sp4Ed Discovering Scenarios


"Scenarios can't predict the future so whats the point"

"Scenario planning does not predict the future....it considers the complete scope of likely forces that might have an impact on an organization." Retrieved from http://business21c.com.au/wp-content/uploads/strategy-tube/Case04.pdf 01/08/13
After doing a lot of reading and video watching and feeling like I am going into brain overload, I am all for scenario planning. I think it is really important to plan for the future. We do micro scenario planning as teachers all the time. We plan a lesson and then in our minds we do the 'What if's' and we have a vague idea of what we might do if those 'what if's' occur. As a mother (18month old) I feel as though I am becoming a very effective scenario planner. If I go to the supermarket I already have planned what isle to go down first to get her what she needs to eat (so it doesn't look like I am shop lifting) but so we will make it through the journey. In relation to ICT I think it is so important to scenario plan. There are always so many options and in order to be effective implementers of ICT in our schools we need to narrow down our options and have a plan. Oliver Freemans video was very interesting, I like the way he refers to learning from the future, not learning from the past. I think scenario planning is a very important part of our future. The past is the past...

2 comments:

  1. Arnika,

    Lol - Brain (or cognitive) overload is a condition of the EDEM630 course. Cogito ergo sum! (http://goo.gl/PSs1).

    Yes -- excellent examples of how we use scenarios in everyday life. The supermarkets must also use scenario planning - I recall may days with toddlers trying to navigate past the lolly stand at the check out!

    Look forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think that the supermarkets scenario planning is that if every parent has given up by the time they get to the checkout and the lollies and chocolate are at toddlers arm reach...the toddler will win and the supermarket will add $1-$2 to every shoppers bill that had a toddler haha

    ReplyDelete