Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Drivers of change in education

Here is a list of drivers in change in education.
  • Openess - open content, open data, open resources
  • MOOC
  • Informal learning
  • Role of educators
  • Online learning
  • Games based learning
  • School strategy
  • Student voice
  • Virtual learning environments
  • Personalized learning
  • Project based learning
  • Research
  • Accountability
  • Competition
  • Accessibility
3 major trends significant to my context.
  • Student voice
Definition: Giving the students an opportunity to influence their own learning. 
I selected this trend because I feel as though student voice would have an impact of the kinds of video tutorials the Teacher would select. Students give warranted feedback about what is and what isn't working and I feel it is important to teaching and learning.

  • Role of educators
Definition: The role of the educator is the role of the person in charge of the content being administered.
I selected this trend because I think that the roles are changing and it needs to be addressed. Teachers can't ignore the fact that with the changes in education, changes in their roles as educators need to happen. It is important for my context because teachers still have a role to administer video tutorials.

  • Virtual Learning Environments
Definition: An e learning education system
I selected this trend because it is important to online tutorials. You can have environments where the Teacher has specific tutorials embedded for student use.

To be honest I had quite a bit more written but Blogger has been playing up and it didn't publish it so when I went back it hadn't saved my final post...so this is what it is....



No comments:

Post a Comment