Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review of blogging, microblogging and everything else I have signed up for in the last 3 weeks...phew

Well, I started out not having a very big online presence. I had previously started blogging on 2009 which went nowhere, and I signed up for twitter last year, but ended up creating a new account today to use.
In the last 3 weeks I have created a blog and successfully started to use it. (I think)
Started to tweet, and I actually have followers.
Created a sign in for the ask.oeruniversity
Created a sign in for WikiEducator
Followed RSS feeds
and more?

I am hoping that I can remember what I am meant to be doing at the right times, and I am finding our UCMoodle is keeping me sane, otherwise I feel as though I would have NO IDEA about where I should be when.


I now appreciate having an online presence, but at the same time I am feeling quite open. I am enjoying writing the blog entries and I like that all my thoughts are in the same place. However, I am rereading my online thoughts to ensure not to offend anyone. Twitter is fun, and I feel quite addictive, lucky for me I don't have a smartphone so maybe not too addictive haha. I have already seen how having an online presence has changed my learning for me and opened me up to so much more support. I guess I just need to sort out which to use and how/when to use them.

One thing I am wondering is if there is a word count feature on blogger? 

I am lucky enough to be receiving a Windows 8 Tablet this week, so we will see how it all goes throwing another technology into the works....

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Arnika, I found I was going tick, tick, tick, in my head to each of your list of "new things". I'm not as sure as you about twitter. I guess I am used to texts and blogs, and facebooking, and twitter posts have this extra stuff (identifiers?) and are so brief I have to sometimes puzzle out the purpose for sending them. Lucky you with a new tablet- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley,
    I am loving the tablet. I got the keyboard with it..wow so easy! Highly recommended. Try Noel Leeming with school pricing if you are teaching. I am finding twitter quite addictive, also hard to keep characters down to a minimum. I am learning so much this week, hopefully I can carry it on. Just attempting to get through session 2 #Sp4Ed. Up at 6am with toddler then work then have professional development from 2pm until 7pm and then my partners work dinner...lucky for us our sister inlaw is living with us and is a great babysitter!
    Definitely finding this week to be brain overload, just trying to take it on face value and enjoy the new learning.

    ReplyDelete